There are some places where it is harder for guys to keep their mind off of other women. (Not that I am condoning husbands ogling other women, we husbands should not those types of things, but let’s face it sometimes it is harder than other times and we look, okay, more bluntly we stare.) Most good husbands really would rather not stare; they know it is not good for them or for their marriage to stare. They don’t buy into that old adage, “It is okay to look as long as you don’t touch.” I believe that there are some things wives can do to help your husbands not stare and I believe that there are some places where hubby will need extra help, but first let’s look at some places that are dangerous for hubbies.
Here Are Some Places You Husband Needs Your Help:
Downtown: In a lot or major cities, there are a lot of women who dress up attract the attention of men. I won’t speculate why they do it, but I have seen it more than a few times. I had a boss once, who told me that he could not work downtown, because he was afraid if he did, he would stray.
Social Events: It seems that at some events the ladies are really trying to outdo each other and all of them trying to look their absolute best. Some of them will do this discretely, while others will really go over the top and will use “sexy” to get the attention they want.
Business Trips: Guys are in a strange place, often they are not known by anyone, and often their nights are free. Need I say more?
Some Miscellaneous places: The gym, sporting events, concerts, even the coffee house.
What You Can Do to Help: Okay, now that we have identified some places that are dangerous for husbands, here are some ideas that can you can do to help make these situations not quite as difficult. I believe that all of these suggestions will make him stronger and better able to deal with temptation.
- Make sure that he knows that you love him. This will do more to strengthen him than you can believe.
- Do your best to look nice for him, especially when he has to go into these difficult situations.
- That includes wear nice clothes, I am not talking sexy clothing, although in the right cases that can be great, but I am talking about wearing clothes that you know you look good in and he likes to see you in. (This also means not wearing your dumpy clothes around the house all the time.)
- Taking time to fix yourself up, your hair, your make up – if he is around women who make themselves up nice all day and he comes home to find you in your ugly sweats day after day, your hair in a mess, and no make up on, it will make it much harder for him not to look.
- Take care of his needs: Whatever they are and they could be anything, but they are important to him and if they are important to him, they should be important to you. (Just think the things that are important to you should be important to him.) I have listed a few needs below:
- Good food – Good will mean a lot of different things to different people, but there are some things that I think ought to apply: Types of food that he likes. Food that is healthy for him. (Yes, there is healthy food that he will like – I may have to post about that one later on.)
- A comfortable place to live. This basically means that the house has to be taken care of. No guy wants to come home to a huge mess all the time. (If part of it is his fault, help him to see that.)
- A place that he is respected. Home should not be a constant battle front, yes sometimes you have to deal with issues, just make sure it is not a daily thing.
- Keep him happy in bed. It is much easier for a guy to resist temptation when he does not have a lot of pent up sexual energy. Burn up that energy with him, it will help to bind him to you. A couple of secrets: Be the aggressor part of the time, a man likes to know that his wife wants him and will pursue him sometimes. Be enthusiastic and passionate when you make love, if you are always passive, he will feel like he is missing out on passion.
Ladies, do what you can to help you man not stray, either in thought, in stares, or in action. I believe that if you work at it, the benefits will really pay off. Again, I don’t condone guys staring at women, it leads to problems for their life, for their marriage, and it hurts their wife. They should not do it, it is my hope and my prayer that what you do will keep their eyes only on you!